All The Fall Things
Fall in love with your city in 2023 with my curated guide to festive fun in and around Cleveland, Ohio. These are some of my favorite things to do when the leaves turn colorful and crunchy, from hikes with the best leaf-peeping views, to where to get the tastiest treats in town. To where to shop spooky & local, to seasonal entertainment. I did the hard work, and now you get to pick your faves and have the best fall season ever! Did I miss your favorite thing(s) to do? Let me know in the comments!
2023 Fall in Cleveland Table of Contents
This guide is massive, so to make it easier for you click on any topic listed below to be taken to that section quickly. To return, look for the link at the bottom of each section and it will bring you back to this table of contents. Enjoy!
- Fall Foliage My favorite hikes + views in Northeast Ohio
- Fall Farm Fun Farm faves and events that sound fun!
- What To Eat & Drink This Fall Sharing some of our comfort food faves, treats, eats, and drinks.
- Shop Local: These are unusual but awesome shops and other local biz that give the best fall vibes.
- Arts & Entertainment: Festive fall fun in theatre, movies, and more.
- Stroll The Neighborhoods: Eerie and colorful walks through Cleveland neighborhoods.
- Haunted Cleveland: These are the real spooky spots around town from castles to cemeteries + beyond.
You’re Never Too Old To Play In The Leaves
Just about everyone agrees that one of the best parts of fall is the colorful foliage. Peak fall in Northeast Ohio seems like it’s going to be just before mid-October depending on where you live. Check out this 2023 Fall Foliage Prediction Map, it’s one of my favorites and has been close to spot-on each year.
Looking for awesome fall hikes with the best views for your fall bucket list? Check out this recent blog post I shared on some of my favorites. From waterfalls & water views to epic ledges, and views from above, there’s a little something for everyone on this list.
Fall-ing for These Views
Is leaf peeping more your thing? Not looking for a long hike, just the easiest and best views? Check out the post I made last year on 20 Amazing Spots for Leaf Peeping to find your new favorite spot to see the incredible colors of fall.
Outdoor Fall Events
A curated collection of outdoor events this fall that looks fun!
- 09/17-11/11 Stebbins Gulch: A Hike Through Geological History Holden Arboretum
- 10/04 Discovering Autumn Walk West Creek Reservation
- 10/07 Fall Foray with the Ohio Mushroom Society Holden Arboretum
- 10/07-10/29 Fall Forest Fest Holden Arboretum
- 10/08 Halfway to Earthday: An Autumn Walk at Wendtwood Wendtwood Preserve
- 10/14 Fall Colors of Tinkers Creek Bedford Reservation
- 10/20 Fall Color at Mohican Bus Tour West Creek Reservation
- 10/23 Autumn Colors Hike: Tuxedo Park Brooklyn Heights
- 10/28 Drop-By: Spooky Luminary Stroll & Campfire West Creek Reservation
- 10/28 October Hike Lake View Cemetery
- 10/31 Witch-Hazel Hike Brookside Reservation
Fall Fun Down on the Farm
Apple orchards, pumpkin patches, and corn mazes are some of the most fun things to do when visiting one of the many Northeast Ohio farms. Everyone has their favorite spots, here are mine:
Be aMAIZED at Szalay’s Farm & Market Peninsula, Ohio
Specializing in sweet corn, they also have a marketplace abundant with fruits, veggies, and baked goods and an eatery open on weekends. The corn is out of this world good. Enjoy a corn maze in the fall and shop for their huge selection of pumpkins and other fall goodies.
Pick a good one at Patterson Fruit Farm Chesterland, Ohio
Perfect for the apple lover, get some of the best apple cider and more here.
Get pumped for pumpkins at Mapleside Farm in Brunswick, Ohio
Huge, beautiful farmland with an apple orchard that is known for its huge display of pumpkins and its fall fest. Enjoy the apple house and bakery, sweet treats, c
Fall Farm Events in Northeast Ohio
- 09/01-10/15 8-Bit Corn Maze Game at Lake Metroparks Farmpark Kirtland
- 09/15 Mapleside Farm’s Great Pumpkin Fest Brunswick
- 09/15-10/29 Derthick’s Corn Maze Mantua
- 09/23-10/22 Heritage Farms Pumpkin Pandemonium Peninsula
- 09/24-10/29 Rockin’-R-Ranch Old West Pumpkin Fest Columbia Station
- 09/30 Red Wagon Farm Pumpkin Festival Columbia Station
- 09/30-10/29 40th Anni. Pumpkin Festival at Red Wagon Farm Columbia Station
- 10/07-10/08 Corn & Pumpkin Weekend at Lake Metroparks Farmpark Kirtland
What To Eat & Drink This Fall
It’s the season for festive fall eats, comfort food, warm and cozy drinks, and tasty treats. Whether you’re team pumpkin spice or team apple cider, there’s something for everyone’s tastes below. Here are some of my favorite places to grab something good to eat & drink during the crisp, cool fall season.
Check This Out: The Haunted House Restaurant
Complete your spooky season with a visit to the Haunted House Restaurant in Cleveland Heights. Enjoy scary movie-themed eats in an entertaining, Halloween movie-themed environment.
This year they will be doing 32 straight days of Halloween events with contests, prizes, and more.
Comfort Food Faves
Look, there are so many amazing restaurants in town and it’s very hard to just list a few. I’m focusing here on hearty and cozy foods we find ourselves frequenting during the colder months. Find your fall favorites below, or give me a suggestion in the comments!
Literary Tavern Tremont Neighborhood
If you’re looking for an amazing grilled cheese sandwich, look no further. Overflowing with a gooey combination of cheeses on thick, sourdough bread. The ultimate comfort food.
Rowley Inn Tremont Neighborhood
This food-driven, neighborhood bar has some of the tastiest food out there. I’d grab a side of mashed potatoes, a Caesar, mac & cheese, grilled cheese, you get the idea. Lots of good, comfy food on the menu.
Nano Brew Ohio City Neighborhood
This cozy corner spot has tasty grilled cheese, tots, burgers and fries, and other cozy foods. It’s a go-to in the colder months.
Dinerbar on Clifton Lakewood
A stylish but cozy diner offering a menu full of cozy comfy food. I love their mac & cheese, it’s so rich and creamy.
Sip back, relax, and embrace the vibrant spirit of fall with these delightful cocktails (and mocktails) crafted by some of the best bars and restaurants in town.
Cloak & Dagger Tremont Neighborhood
A cocktail lounge with one of the most creative menus out there. Enjoy a dark, moody environment, tasty cocktails, and house-made vegan snacks, small plates, and entrees. Perfect for a crisp, fall evening. Their new menu is launching in late September, can’t wait to see it.
LBM Lakewood, Ohio
“Weird cocktails, dope food, loud music”, this Norse-themed bar with the secretive name is a hidden gem and totally worth a visit this fall. I had one of the tastiest spirit-free cocktails named Strawberry Fuzz, and they have a small but mighty menu with tasty food.
The Hangar Ohio City Neighborhood
This corner spot can be found in the awesome City Goods market in the Hingetown area of Ohio City. Earthy tones decor. Be sure to try the Flight As A Feather, it’s a delightful drink.
Bar Amba Ohio City Neighborhood
Connected to Amba, an Indian-fusion restaurant that opened in Ohio City recently, you’ll find a separate bar area with just the right mood to enjoy a cocktail with a friend, or just enjoy the atmosphere and people watch. Whatever you choose, you’re going to have a thoughtfully crafted cocktail.
Bookhouse Brewing Ohio City Neighborhood
This book-themed brewer just launched their fall cocktail menu featuring sips like Punkin, Sweater Weather, and Autumn to Ashes. They also have a variety of beers on tap, an amazing atmosphere filled with books, and a killer view of the downtown Cleveland skyline. See their Instagram post featuring the new seasonal drinks.
CLEVELAND AREA POP-UP HALLOWEEN BARS
These spooky bars are only here for a limited time!
Bars and events marked with an * require tickets
The Nightmare Before Blitzen’s | Now-10/31 | Hudson, OH
Brews and Boos Haunted Bar at Brew Garden | Now-10/31 | Strongsville, OH
Haunted Tavern Cocktail Experience* | 10/6 – 10/7 | Parma, OH
Spooky Garden Party* at the Velvet Tango Room | 10/26 | Duck Island/ Tremont, OH
Hot Cocoa Hot Spots
Lionheart Coffee Downtown, Cleveland
I don’t drink coffee so I get really happy when it’s time to sip on hot cocoa and Lionheart has some of the best hot cocoa I’ve had around town to date! This cute, downtown spot has the vibes and is a perfectly cozy spot to meet up with friends, get some work done, or just relax on your own.
The Judith Detroit-Shoreway Neighborhood
Enjoy the cozy French vibes at this lovely cafe that opened earlier this year. They have a host of drinks, but my favorite was their hot chocolate. Yum.
Lekko Coffee Ohio City Neighborhood
Perfect spot to get cozy and co-work while sipping on your favorite brew, but you’ll find me sipping on their hot cocoa.
I don’t drink beer, but my husband does, and here are his recommendations: Try a Franklin Castle Pumpkin Spice Ale from Market Garden, a Nosferatu Imperial Red IPA from Great Lakes Brewing Co., a Spooky Tooth Imperial Pumpkin Ale from Fat Heads Brewery, and whatever is on tap at Bookhouse Brewing Co., an awesome book-themed brewery.
Falls Must-Visit Coffee Shop: Brewella’s
How crepe-y is this window display from the always-on-theme coffee shop in Lakewood, Ohio: Brewella’s/
This cute little shop goes all out for a theme inside the shop and in their windows. They also work up a seasonal menu of sweet and savory crepes and drinks.
Photo from the 2022 season
No Tricks, All Sweets
I’m here for the candy, and the cupcakes, and the cookies, and… you get the idea
B.A. Sweetie: Parma/Brooklyn, Ohio
Buy the best candy from the world’s largest candy store which has over 5,500 items from national and regional brands including hard-to-find and nostalgic sweets from over 190 candy manufacturers
Mitchell’s Fine Chocolates: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
This east-side shop has been making chocolates for 83 years. Find your favorites in-store or on their website. I’m intrigued by these Apple Cider Caramels.
Rocket Fizz: Downtown, Cleveland
A fun candy selection including fun sodas can be found at this candy shop downtown.
Fantasy Candies: Lyndhurst, Ohio
This east-side shop is known for its chocolates and wine selection. Try one of their chocolate suckers or other seasonal treats.
White Flower Cake Shoppe: Multiple N.E. Ohio locations
The buttercream masters are slowly creepin’ in the Halloween and fall menu items and they look so tasty. They shared this Reel on Instagram recently with a preview of Halloween. One of everything, please.
Brewnuts: Detroit-Shoreway Neighborhood
This donut shop loves a theme! Find updated menus throughout the seasons. Their fall menu is currently live and looks delicious. That apple cider fry cake looks so good.
Mason’s Creamery: Ohio City Neighborhood
This neighborhood favorite ice cream shop is known for its inventive flavors but also switches over to a Ramen shop in late October. Be sure to get your ice cream on before then! (and then get some yummy Ramen!)
Mitchell’s Homemade Ice Cream: Multiple N.E. Ohio locations
This local shop is always coming out with seasonal flavors. They just launched this apple-themed flavor for autumn and will have plenty more festive fall flavors.
Vegan Doughnut Company: Lakewood, Ohio
Yummy Vegan doughnuts. Check out the September fall flavors like Pumpkin Spice Latte, Apple Cider Cake, and Maple Cream, and keep an eye out for their October menu.
These restaurants and bars have also launched fall menus recently that look good!
- The Common Ground Medina Friday the 13th cocktails at their Beer Garden
- The 27 Club Downtown has a Spiked Dirty Chai for a limited time
- Pins Mechanical Ohio City launched a seasonal cocktail menu full of nostalgic themes
- Cordelia Downtown launched a fall cocktail menu with sophisticated and nostalgic drinks
- Society Lounge Downtown recently shared a new fall menu including a glittery gold cocktail!
- Edda Coffee Ohio City Find a Cozy Pumpkin Latte, House-Made Caramel Apple Cider, and Chai Cider on their seasonal menu
- Pioneer Ohio City New fall cocktails launch October 3rd. You can still enjoy them on their patio while the weather is still warm.
- Heart of Gold Border of Ohio City/Detroit-Shoreway shared some seasonal stunners on their Instagram recently.
- ReBar Downtown is adding fall cocktails to its menu in the first week of October, keep an eye out
- Orchard Farmstand Catawba Island at just a little over a 1-hour drive from Cleveland, this spot for festive Halloween cocktails looks worth the drive.
- Glamper Downtown announced their Tito’s Fallen Apple cocktail, which sounds delightfully fall-like.
- Pulpo Beer Co. announced they have spooky cocktails on their menu at their Crocker Park location.
- Swensons has a limited-time Pumpkin Milkshake going on right now.
- Verbena announced a spirit-free fall menu
Be sure to bookmark this site as I’ll update this list when more pop up!
Fall FOODIE Events
A curated collection of events that I think look really fun and you might like, too!
09/28-10/31 Haunted History Tour at Great Lakes Brewery Ohio City Neighborhood SOLD OUT 🙁 09/28 Crocker Park’s Fall, Food, and Fashion Westlake
- 09/30-10/31 Blitzen’s The Nightmare Before Blitzen’s Halloween Pop-Up Bar Hudson
- 10/01-10/31 Adult Trick or Treat Wine & Cocktail Trail Ashtabula
10/07 Blind Pumpkin Beer Tasting at Ninja City Detroit-Shoreway Neighborhood 10/08 Samhain Harvest Market at Crocker Park Westlake
- 10/15 Sibling Revelry’s Boo Bash Westlake
- 10/18 Wine With The Witches at Brewgarden Strongsville
- 10/10 Dinner Train Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
- 10/12 Christmas Ale First Pour at Great Lakes Brewery Ohio City Neighborhood
- 10/13 El Huesito Pop-Up at Bookhouse Brewing City Ohio City Neighborhood
- 10/19 FrankieLynn Hot Dog Pop-Up at Bookhouse Brewing City Ohio City Neighborhood
- 10/28 Brew Garden’s Brews n Boo’s Halloween Party Strongsville
Grab Your Pumpkin Spice & Shop Local
There’s something about the crisp fall air that makes me want to stroll a neighborhood with my favorite beverage and shop local and vintage and I especially love checking out the more unique shops in town. Here are some shops that give me all the fall vibes.
Curious + Quirky Cleveland Shops You Need to Visit this Season
These shops stand out with their unique perspectives on gifting, from occult classics to rock shops and some of the oddest items you can’t help but be fascinated by. Be sure to check out one of these local gems this fall.
Druzy Dreamer Detroit-Shoreway Neighborhood
Find the coolest rainbow-themed gifts and beautiful rocks, including a stone that’s part of the world’s biggest geode found in our lovely Lake Erie. I had to get one, it’s beautiful. Love this pin, too.
Cleveland Curiosities Lakewood, Ohio
This shop is full of oddities both new and old. Looking for a taxidermy specimen with two heads? Skulls, potions, weird books. Tattooed pig’s feet? You name it, it might be here.
Bear Soul Studio & Rock Shop Lakewood
This shop is filled to the brim with thousands of beautiful stones and has a downstairs full of books, candles, and other similar items. You can spend a good amount of time here finding the right stone.
This occult shop is full of books, accessories, candles, crystals, and beyond. They also have a variety of events and services available.
Cool World Lakewood
You’re going to find the most unique gifts, handmade items, and imported treasures in this funky, early 90s-inspired shop.
Salty Not Sweet Lakewood
Lots of snark, silliness, and unexpected finds fill this lovely shop. From prayer candles with your fave characters, to
Shop City Goods:
Cleveland’s Most Unique Shopping Center
You may have driven past these unique dome-shaped buildings and wondered what they are. You’ll find a wide variety of local shops and makers, vintage, and art in this fun community of hangar domes. Surrounded by lots of other great shops and restaurants, you can make it a nice, fall evening of shopping. Don’t forget to stop at The Hangar, an aviation-themed bar that sits on the corner and serves up primarily local liquor and has beer, wine, and other beverages to go.
City Goods just celebrated one year of being in business. You can see the feature I did on them when they opened here: A Look Inside City Goods.
Cozy + Festive Fall Shops in Cleveland and beyond
These shops are some of my favorites, especially during the ‘Ber month holidays.
Print Shop on Wolf Bay Village
This shop has a curated collection of home goods, gifting, stationery, jewelry, and some of the coolest seasonal decor.
Banyan Tree Tremont Neighborhood (+ other locations)
Not only are their seasonally-themed shop windows beautiful, but they also have the loveliest clothing and accessories and much more.
Room Service Shaker Heights
Beautifully designed shop filled with curious finds and beautiful gifts.
Mishi Lifestyle Lakewood
This dark and moody interior is filled with beautiful home items, jewelry, and beyond.
Cuyahoga Collective Lakewood
This shop has a well-curated collection of localized gifts, home decor, apparel, and more.
Lakewood Art Shop Lakewood
Art and fall go together and this has been my go-to art supply store ever since we lost the great Pat Catan’s. (IYKYK). Find a wide assortment of supplies for your fall arts and crafts. Maybe even try one of those paintings where you add ghosts in an old vintage piece of art.
Come As You Aren’t: Where to Find Halloween Costumes
Check out these local shops to find the perfect Halloween costume (or costumes!)
Chelsea’s Costumes & Vintage Clothing 1412 W 116th St, Cleveland, OH 44102
Starship Earth 16880 Lorain Ave, Cleveland, OH 44111
Mr. Funs Costumes & Magic Emporium 4130 State Rd. Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223
Fall is also the best time to go vintage shopping and there are several great shops in the Cleveland area. Table for Two and Helm Collected (Detroit-Shoreway & Ohio City) are great if you’re looking for a curated collection of vintage goods and decor. Flower Child (Edgewater) and Sweet Lorain (Detroit-Shoreway) are filled to the brim with literally everything you can imagine from home decor, and clothing, to pop culture. All Things for You (Ohio City) is also filled with two floors of awesome vintage. Keep an eye open for their reopening after the shop was flooded by a recent storm. A shop on my bucket list is Magically Found in Lakewood.
Fall shopping Events
A curated collection of events that I think look really fun and you might like, too!
10/01 An Eerie Affair by The Wicked Plant Co. Tremont 10/01 Amuck Amuck Amuck! Punk Rock Flea Market North Olmsted 10/05-10/8 Ohio Mart 2023 Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens 10/07 + 10/21 Summer Camp Outfitter’s Fall Sip & Shop Rocky River 10/08 Samhain Harvest Market Crocker Park’s Market Square
- 10/13 BSide Lounge’s Fright Market Halloween Night Market Cleveland Heights
- 09/30 Artisan & Farmer’s Market Little Italy Neighborhood
- 10/14 Common Ground’s Halloween Fall Fest Medina
- 10/20 Night of History & Mystery: Spooky Walking Tour of Olmsted Falls Olmsted Falls
- 10/20-10/22 Oddmall Hallowonderous Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds
- 10/21 Halloween Flea Market at The Foundry Concert Club
- 10/27 The VooDoo Boo!! Halloween Pop-Up Market Cleveland Heights
- 10/29 Nobleween Halloween Pop-Up Market Downtown
- 10/21 Mystic Market One Year Celebration at City Goods Ohio City
- 10/27-10/29 Common Ground’s Witches Weekend Medina
Festive Arts & Entertainment
From theatre to circus and movies galore, there are plenty of arts and entertainment things to do in Cleveland this fall. Here are some events I thought looked really fun below. Enjoy.
Don’t Miss This: Marquees Moments at Playhouse Square
This is a free event starting at 5:30 pm with a performance by Andy Grammer that leads up to the new Playhouse Square marquee’s dazzling debut around 9 pm.
Missed the event? You can always take a drive by the theatres to check out the new lights anytime after!
Photo taken in August when signs were being installed
Get Cozy at the Movies
Did you know many of our local movie theatres play classic and older movies in the theatre? I always like to take a look at what they have in store for the late-year holiday season. These are not current blockbusters, but recent and older classics that just give off major fall vibes. I’ve made some picks below that I think would make the perfect fall night out at the movies.
I like to check out the local theatres and see what movies they are offering outside of the expected blockbusters. From older films to revisiting newer classics and beyond, there are plenty of options to have the perfect movie night. Here are a few suggestions:
Fall at the movie theatres
- 10/06 Monsters of California Cedar Lee Theatre
- 10/06-10/07 Little Shop of Horrors Autorama Drive-In
- 10/06-10/07 A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) Autorama Drive-In
- 10/06-10/07 Halloween (1978) Autorama Drive-In
- 10/06-10/07 Friday the 13th Autorama Drive-In
- 10/07 The Rocky Horror Picture Show Cedar Lee Theatre
- 10/08 + 10/11 The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Silverspot Cinema
- 10/20-10/28 Hocus Pocus Autorama Drive-In
- 10/27-10/28 The Nightmare Before Christmas Drive-In
- 10/20 The Nightmare Before Christmas 30th Anniversary Cinemark
- 10/22 Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds Cedar Lee Theatre
- 10/22 + 10/25 Beetlejuice 35th Anniversary Silverspot Cinema
- 10/29, 10/31 + 11/01 Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining Silverspot Cinema
- 10/13 The Common Ground presents Chillers & Thrillers movie night in the Beer Garden Medina
- 10/25 Midnight Rental’s Secret Screening Halloween Edition at the Grog Shop Coventry Village
Check This Out:
This 70-seat theatre in Cleveland Heights hosts musical acts, variety, magic, puppets, and all things weird.
The Spirit Room is the in-house craft cocktail bar. I can’t wait to check this place out, have you been?
Photo taken in August with a pop-up in Playhouse Square
Explore These Unique Museums
These interesting museums are on my fall bucket list.
Dittrick Medical History Center Cleveland
Give yourself a self-guided tour through a huge archive of artifacts and images of the medical history of people, which quite honestly is kind of terrifying if you ask me!
Buckland Museum of Witchcraft & Magick Cleveland
A local museum with an anthropological approach to the world of folklore and the supernatural. With over 500 artifacts from Ancient Egypt to the Salem Witch Trials, a gift shop, and unique events, there is a little something for everyone interested in the occult, witchcraft, and beyond.
The Troll Hole Museum Alliance
If you don’t mind driving, this odd museum is about 1 hour from Downtown, Cleveland.
Do This: Get Cozy at a Local Bookstore
Crisp, cool fall weather calls for getting cozy with a good book and maybe even your favorite festive beverage. Check out my post on some of my favorite bookstores in town. (and check out the unusual shopping section for a new bookstore you need to check out!)
09/30 Murray Hill Melodies Little Italy Neighborhood
- 10/03-10/22 The Wiz a Connor Palace Playhouse Square
10/08 Ghost Files Live at The Agora Theatre Cleveland
- 10/20-11/5 Dracula: The Bloody Truth at The Hanna Theater Playhouse Square
- 10/21-11/12 Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein Cleveland Play House
- 10/23 Mummies of the World: The Exhibition Playhouse Square
- 10/27 Candlelight: A Haunted Evening of Halloween Classics Malts Performing Arts Center
Take a Fall Walk Through The Neighborhoods
Some of my favorite neighborhoods to take a walk through are Ohio City, Tremont, Chagrin Falls, University Circle, Little Italy, and Detroit-Shoreway and take in the fall views. Additionally, check out the fall and Halloween events that are being hosted. There are hundreds of things to do in the various neighborhoods and suburbs around Cleveland, but the ones that caught my eye are below. Be sure to look up your neighborhood to find out all the events going on.
Looking for more fun things to do? Check out my collection of Cleveland Neighborhood Guides.
10/5-10/07 West Clinton Historic Haunts Detroit-Shoreway
- 10/14-10/31 Tales of Terror Tour Downtown
- 10/20 Night of History & Mystery: Spooky Walking Tour of Olmsted Falls Olmsted Falls
- 10/20-10/28 Spirits of the Circle Tour University Circle (limited tickets available)
Haunted & Spooky Cleveland
These places may or may not be actually haunted, I’ll let you make up your own mind on that. In the meantime, here are some eerie places rumored to be haunted, or just feel that way.
Spooky Scary Cemetery
Respectfully visiting some of Cleveland’s older and creepy cemeteries during Halloween is always fun. The old tombstones, statues, and eerie vibes fit perfectly into the season. Here are a few you should check out.
Lakeview Cleveland near University Circle
Many notable Clevelanders occupy more than 100,000 graves. Creepy statues, spooky mausoleums, and a huge angel that cried black tears all add to the spooky factor. While spooky, it’s also a beautiful place to drive through and spend some time.
Erie Street Downtown across from The Jake
You may have driven by Cleveland’s oldest standing cemetery and didn’t even know. Find the first settler and native Americans’ final resting places, and a lot of haunted lore.
Terra Vista (aka Tinker’s Creek) in Valley View
This spooky cemetery on top of a hill near the Ohio Canal has creeped me out for years, and rightfully so. I even found a car graveyard nearby.
Creepy Castles in Cleveland
Squires Castle North Chagrin Reservation, Willoughby Hills
This castle is actually just a shell of a gatehouse to what was going to be a grand British-style castle for a Standard Oil executive, but it never was completed. Rumor has it, that his wife haunts this spot and the woods are also haunted. Here’s an interesting article.
Cleveland Grays Armory 1234 Bolivar Road in Downtown Cleveland
Built sometime in the late 1800s, this building was home to a men only militia in place to protect the citizens of Cleveland. Doors slamming, lights flickering off and on, banging footsteps and more have been reported making this one of the spookiest spots. This haunted Cleveland destination was even featured on an episode of Ghost Hunters on the SYFY Channel.
Franklin Castle 4308 Franklin Blvd in Ohio City
Rumored to be the most haunted house in Ohio right here in Cleveland. In the early 1800s, the Tiedemann family suffered unexpected deaths and tragedy in the home which may be behind the slew of frightening occurrences. The Travel Channel visited to do a piece for Ghost Adventures, check that out here.
Hallowekends at Cedar Point
Day or night, be prepared for fun and fright at America’s Roller Coast.
Get Scared At Over 120 Haunted Houses
Ohio, you okay? Last I checked, we have 127+ listed haunted houses. What! I have no idea how many of those are within an hour’s drive or less of Cleveland but here is a good resource you can reference to find the best haunted house to visit this year. Do you have one you love to visit and would recommend? Leave a comment below!
More Halloween Events in and around Cleveland
Here are some more spooky scary Halloween things to do in The Land that look super fun.
- 09/14-10/29 Halloweekends at Cedar Point Sandusky
- 10/06-10/27 Halloween Drive-Thru at Farmpark in Lake Metroparks Kirtland
- 10/07, 10/14, 10/21 Fall Festival at North Coast Harbor, Downtown
- 10/07 + 10/28 Teaching with Tombstones Lakeview Cemetery
- 10/14 Spooky Pooch Parade Lakewood
- 10/14 Van Aken’s Fall Fest Shaker Heights
- 10/15 Boo Bash Sibling Revelry Brewing
- 10/19 Sugarboothco x The Elliot’s A Nightmare on 14th Street Tremont
- 10/20 A Very Gordon Green Halloween Detroit-Shoreway
- 10/21 Mad Science: Spooky Edition West Creek Reservation
- 10/21 Boo on the Bank East Bank Flats Downtown
- 10/21 Luca’s Barkery Halloween Pawty Ohio City
- 10/22 Trick-or-Treat Fest Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- 10/22 Bootanical Bash Cleveland Botanical Garden
- 10/25 Bookhouse Brewing’s ’90s-’00s Horror Movie Trivia + Costume Contest Ohio City Neighborhood
- 10/27 City Slice Halloween Party Cleveland
- 10/28 Mahall’s Taylorween an All Taylor Swift Halloween Dance Party Lakewood
- 10/28 Spooky Center West Creek Reservation
- 10/28 Jukebox Halloween Party Ohio City
- 10/28 Halloween at Pulpo Westlake
- 10/28 Tricks & Treats Crocker Park
- 10/29 Halloween Spooktacular Crocker Park’s Market Square
- 10/29 Halloween Spooktacular Severance Hall
- 10/30 The Happy Dog’s Monday Night Trivia Halloween Edition Detroit-Shoreway Neighborhood
- 10/28 Killer Halloween Party at Pulpo Beer Willoughby
- 10/31 Your Abduction Halloween Dance Party at Detroit-Shoreway Neighborhood
Share This Post
Did you love this post or know someone who would? Share so others can find this awesome information!