Local Love & Wanderlust is a travel and lifestyle blog based in Cleveland, Ohio and all content creation (photography, graphics, video, and text) is created by me, Jen Langman, the Operator of this blog. I create content on topics I am passionate about such as travel, Cleveland Ohio, and lifestyle (home, style, beauty, etc.). I truly enjoy developing content that my readers enjoy, sharing my knowledge, and inspiring others.
Compensation and Sponsorship
This page is to disclose that my blog is a for-profit blog, which means I may be compensated (with cash, free product, experiences, or travel) by content I create and share at no extra cost to my readers. There are a few things you can count on knowing this information:
- My support cannot be bought. All content is written and edited by me and reflects my honest opinions and experiences.
- I do not accept paid placements for articles, links, and other content reflecting someone else’s opinions or experiences.
- I will only work with, collaborate, or partner with brands, businesses, products, and experiences I believe in and that resonate with my blog audience.
Local Love & Wanderlust participates in several affiliate programs as a way to share related services, experiences, and products we’ve experienced, love, or are on our wish and to-do lists. Some of the links we post on our site are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link or purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. We share links throughout the website and Social Media channels in accordance with the rules and regulations of each program and following the FTC Guidelines.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure Notice: Local Love & Wanderlust is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
ShopStyle Collective Affiliate Disclosure: I get a small commission for clicks on links shared through ShopStyle at no extra cost to you.
For easy access, We are sharing a hyperlink to each affiliate program we participate in and their Privacy Policies. Links will open in a new browser window.
Blog & Social Media Disclosure
Following the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) Guidelines, I will disclose any financial, employment, personal, or family relationship with a brand I work with and fully disclose any links that take you to an affiliate partner.
On the Blog
- I will always place a disclosure in a clearly visible location.
- Expect a notice on top of my blog posts if the content is sponsored or if the post contains affiliate links.
- An affiliate link disclosure will be placed closer to the links.
On Social Media
Currently, I am only using Instagram and Facebook to share any sponsored or affiliate content.
- Expect a tag at the beginning of the caption that claims ad, gifted, or sponsored
- Static Instagram posts will mention affiliate link(s) available in the link in my bio.
- I may collaborate with an account to which you will see their name show up next to my account name. This also showcases my content on the other accounts page, too.
- An additional paid partnership tag may be used which will show up directly below my account name on Instagram stating “Paid Partnership <account name>.
- Facebook may share links directly in the post or comments with clear disclosure that it is an affiliate link.
I make sure I work with brands, businesses, products, and experiences that I believe in and would resonate with you the reader, and the content of this blog. I value you and your trust far too much to work with just anyone to make a quick buck. I hope you find value in the sponsored and affiliate content I share with you!
This document was last updated on July 7, 2022